addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Melissa P.
Mel-P
Greenville, NC
Post #: 2
Hi all-

During my first backpacking trip I was introduced to the comforts of the Jet Boil system. I decided during my first cup of coffee on the cold morning that I was going to buy one of these when I got home. Looking on REI and other sites, I was surprised to find that there are a number of different Jet Boil models. I would like to hear from the vets on which system I should purchase.

Thanks,
Melissa P.
A former member
Post #: 519
The Jetboil systems are really all the same to me. They differ mostly by this rule: as price increases, weight decreases. Here is a chart that compares the systems. I started off with the original personal system several years ago. It has served me well but because I go out backpacking quite a bit I'm going to sell my old system, save a few ounces, and go to the Sol Ti model.
Melissa P.
Mel-P
Greenville, NC
Post #: 3
Thanks Tony. I will order the Sol Ti as well.
A former member
Post #: 520
Forgot to add: the Sol models are 4 season stoves, which include a regulator that is supposed to deliver consistent heat output down to 20˚. It will be interesting to see how that works, as my old stove works at colder temps but not so efficiently.