Here below some general notes and take-aways from our Town Hall meeting. A huge thank-you to Glen from Bay Photo for taking notes! I'm also posting these in the group discussion forum for group commenting and discussion.
- Lecture style meetings are preferred by most attendees (as opposed to actually doing photography with models, which becomes too crowded).
- Most prefer to watch a photographer create images and then bring images into a computer to demonstrate how the post-processing is done.
- Photo industry speakers (Sandy Puc’ & Richard Harrington were mentioned as good previous speakers)
- Photo walks OK, but need defined topics or goals
Future Meeting Topic Suggestions:
- Travel / Location Photography
- New Gear – (and the nick knacks of photography)
- Bag Swap – Trade in your camera bag
- Bag Show & Tell – What’s in your camera bag (general purpose vs. special purpose set up)
- Printers / Papers / Labs
- How images are uploaded
- Law / Contracts / Copyright
- Stock Photography
- Getting captured files to actually come out as envisioned (i.e. sharp focus, exposure, etc)
Bay Photo Comments:
- Working with the group for lab tours, on-location shoots and possibly resulting photo contests
- Providing presentations on specific (pre-determined) Bay Photo topics (i.e. color management suggested)
- Providing product samples e.g. showing different finishes / surfaces / treatments
- It was mentioned that this would be most helpful if the products were made from the same image, so they could really see the different effects
- Bay Photo offered to help provide/find industry speakers
See you next month!