align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Tacoma Mountaineers Singles Message Board › Thanks for a great bike ride!

Thanks for a great bike ride!

Jim H.
user 11370340
Seattle, WA
Hello again -

Jim the personality-challenged ride leader here.   Thanks to all of you for showing up to enjoy the weather, see the scenery, meet new friends and (incidentally) have a bike ride.  It's very, very rewarding to lead a ride where everyone appears to be having fun.  Hopefully this good karma will continue...

Today's ride was just about exactly what all our remaining rides will be: a slight uphill to the destination (food and/or drink), a stop at the mid-point for said refreshments, a slight downhill back to the cars.  If you enjoyed today you'll have no problem on our future rides, they're all about the same length.  We'll be riding on at least a half dozen similar trails; once you ride on one with me you can return for more rides with your friends, family or probation officer.

Our next ride is in two weeks:  2:00pm on Saturday, April 6, meeting in the park across the street from Orting Bakery (there's a park there with gravel parking on its "back" side.  We'll ride about 8 miles east to South Prairie, then back to Orting.  This is a quieter, prettier and very slightly more hilly ride, but it's almost all gentle downhill on the way back.   If you do both these rides you'll have seen the entire Foothills Trail, can plan your own rides.  The future ride schedule is on the cue sheet I handed out; this all is subject to change, final info will be posted on the TMS home page.

I'll probably do a 1:00pm class before the next ride, at our starting point. to cover some beginner-level stuff on bike clothing, mechanics and ride techniques.  There's a lot of little things that mke riding safer and more fun; that's what we'll talk about.

I'll post these two April 6 events on the TMS homepage early next week.  Anyone may attend; bring your friends or whoever.   Our only limitations are:  helmets required, no minors or pets.

Tom - thanks for the outstanding coffee cake; bribing the ride leader is strongly encouraged.

Thanks again to all of you for showing up and making this ride a success.  Hope to see you again - Jim