add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Tacoma Permaculture Meetup Message Board › urban permaculture garden/house mates wanted

urban permaculture garden/house mates wanted

polly b.
user 38335812
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 1
I have a 4 bedroom house in Parkland/Tacoma. My yard is a permaculture gard
en. I am looking for 2 people
who are interested in creating an intentional community that addresses peak oil, climate change and general sustainability issues.
The ideal person would be someone who would like to also do gardening, and perhaps chickens or bees.
It would be very nice if between all of us in the household (between 3-5), we could create a situation where
together we can all accomplish alot more than if we were all living by ourselves.
If you are interested or even a little bit interested please email me.
The rent is $350/month. That includes: electric,internet, sewer,water, garbage and food from the yard, and
any other items produced.
I also will except partial payments in life dollars.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Polly, sure is nice to see others with the same interests in the nearby community. I live in the Spanaway area and just built my hoophouse. If you're looking for a hoophouse, I'd like to help out with that. My next project would be to build a rocket mass heater to heat the hoophouse. Would like to maybe turn this into a work party type thing to educate, assist, and exchange ideas. Mike
Patricia M.
user 11318839
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 6
Hi, Mike,

You might enjoy some of the post from this guy Rob in Wisconsin­ I met him on Facebook and have followed his work for a few years now. He has what he calls his hoopity and has several things going to keep that area warm in the winter, including aquaponics! I love rocket mass heaters, too, but the more passive the system the better and rockets need to be fed at least part of the day.

Polly, when I finally make it home from all my travels (planned and unexpected), I DO intend to get out to see your farm. I'll share this with some women I met this past weekend who are looking for internship possibilities. You might look into WWOOF (­) too to see if that would be a fit. I know you'd like people who can live, work and pay, but this might be a good transition step.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi, Patricia,

Thanks for the info on Rob's website. I totally agree on the passive warming thing; I've filled up a couple 30gal containers but heat loss was fairly quick and looks like I might have to go for something much larger like an IBC tote. Aquaponics is on the list also; I have a few ideas with that once I get some materials together that would go hand in hand w/ the RMH.

Hope to meetup w/ you all soon at future events. Mike