Tacoma Job Club Operational Philosophy
As a member of the Tacoma Job Club, it is important that every member of the Club has the opportunity to participate in civil dialogue regarding the various issues that come before the group. All members should be treated with respect and their time recognized as valuable.
Club members agree to abide by the following code of conduct in all meetings of the general membership, committees, and task forces related to the interests of the Club:
• Speak from your own perspective. Your expertise, your values, and your professional experience are an important aspect of this diverse group’s work on complex employment issues.
• All ideas are encouraged and welcome: Challenge concepts, not people. Encourage thoughtful disagreement.
• Challenge yourself to see other positions, other opportunities and solutions.
• In order to avoid talking over or interrupting one another, members wishing to speak will indicate so to the facilitator (e.g. by raising the hand).
• Strive to gather facts and understand opinions, understanding the difference between the two.
• Stay focused on tasks and discourage distractions: the facilitator has the Club’s permission to manage the agenda and keep the Club on task and on time.
• Take individual responsibility for the collective success of the meeting.
• Do not engage in attacks of any kind, including name calling, gossiping and other defamatory behaviors.
• Refrain from partisan political or religious proselytizing or sales pitches of any kind during meetings.
• Consider any personal information shared within the context of this Club private and confidential in nature.
• Be open and encouraged to contribute beneficial information to the Club at-large and help members individually when
• you see opportunity.
• Meetings held each Wednesday, 10am-12pm, at the News Tribune, 1950 S State, Tacoma 98405
Social Media Resources—Please join these groups and connect with members of the Club!
• LinkedIn.com Tacoma Job Club—For Business/Professional connections
• Meetup.com—For Social/Business connections with Club members
• Facebook.com—For Social/Business/Community interactions