add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Rough Draft: a Tacoma Writers Meet-up Message Board › Submissions for 27 July (Last Saturday) Critique Meeting at T.W.O. in Fircrest

Submissions for 27 July (Last Saturday) Critique Meeting at T.W.O. in Fircrest

Mona M. E.
Group Organizer
Tacoma, WA
The weekend is drawing to a close, and the deadline for submissions is TUESDAY - TUESDAY - TUESDAY. Best pick up that pencil--or microphone--or computer, whatever.
So far we have three submissions. Let's add to that number.
Please RSVP if you are coming to the meeting (You don't have to submit something.) and if you find later that you cannot attend, change your RSVP.
My email address is if you have questions.
The dues are $1.00 per person/meeting; they pay for the meetup site. Please come early to purchase your beverage of choice and sign in.

Below is all the usual stuff. Especially if you are new, please read it.

POSTING: For those of you who have access to the Wiki, go to the main page and click on the meeting date in the big table. [Red, yellow background, larger type, or all of the above]
If you are new you won't have access to the Wiki until you have

• Come to a meeting AND

• Sent me an email asking for access.

If would like to submit and/or read others' submissions, please email me at with a valid email address (not this site). Attach your submission and give me a comment on the submission. I will post both. If you want to read submissions, please say so and I will send you a zip file on the day after the due date with all of the submissions in it.
If you have been to a meeting and still do not have access, please email me at from a valid email address (not this site) and I will send you an invitation.  Please do not go directly to site and ask for access.

Rules for submissions:
EACH PAGE of your submission MUST have a header which includes:

• Title of your work

• A copyright symbol followed by your name.

• Current Page number / Number of pages.

There is a template page on the Meetup Site under More->Files. You can download it to use.  You might have to redo the Page/Number of Pages because MS Word does not play well with copies in that regard. You can roll your own as long as you have the bulleted items.

Do NOT use .docx files. Many word processors will not open them. DO use .doc or in a pinch.rtf.  Please do NOT use .pdf files. Also, please do not lock your headers, because if you do and they are incorrect, I cannot fix them.

Maximum length is 20 pages

Submissions should be posted on the Meeting page and should be:

• Double spaced.

• At least 12 pt. type UNLESS you space between each paragraph.  If you do, you may use 1.5 spaced lines.

• Legible Type like Arial Helvetica or Times Roman

Please bring a few extra copies of your submission for newbies.