March 19, 2013 · 6:30 PM
Pima Canyon Parking Lot
Group, it's warming up so let's go hike the Marcos de Niza trail at South Mountain.
We'll head up this trail and then drop over to Ridgeline and this will return us to the parking lot. This will make a fun 5 mile loop. We normally finish in 2 hours or less.
Here are directions. Follow them and you'll find us with no problem. Be on time!
Bring plenty of water, a head lamp and snacks if you need them.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the north shelter.