April 9, 2013 · 6:30 PM
Pima Canyon Parking Lot
Let's get out and hike the fun Ridgeline Trail at South Mountain park. We'll take the Ridgeline up to the Javalina trail. From there, we can loop around on the East loop and then back to the parking lot. This will make a fun 5 mile loop and we normally finish in about 2 hours. Bring plenty of water, a head lamp or flash light and snacks if you need them. Here are directions to the parking lot. Follow them to the letter and be on time. We start promptly.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the north shelter.
We may go to Rustler's Rooste for a beer after the hike.