April 23, 2013 · 6:30 PM
Pima Canyon Parking Lot
Group, let's get out and hike the East loop at South Mountain. We'll follow the East loop around and then pick up Beverly Canyon. From there, we can head up to the Marcos de Niza trail. This will eventually bring us out on the dirt road and then back to the parking lot. This should make a fun 5 mile loop and we normally finish in about 2 hours.
Bring plenty of water, a head lamp or flash light and snacks if you need them.
Here are directions to the parking lot. Follow them to the letter and you'll have no trouble finding us. Be on time.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the north shelter.
We may head to Rustler's Rooste for a beer after the hike.