We did this last year and it was a great success, so I am organizing this year’s used gear sale. Like last year, it will be at Carriage Lane Park, which is conveniently located within walking distance from my house. Some of the stuff I plan to sell includes:
1. Empty Planter’s Peanut Jars – If it is too cold to get out of the tent, and you have to pee, just open this jar and go. Wide opening makes it suitable for all men’s sizes.
2. Cougar Repellent – Are you constantly being stalked by cougars whenever you go camping? Just spray on this repellent and they won’t go within 10 feet of you. It’s my homemade mixture of javelina scent gland extract and Axe body spray.
3. Columbian White Powder – I am not exactly sure what this is, I picked it up while hiking in the Columbian Andes.
4. Russian Camelbak – Only available in Russia and former Soviet Republics, this Camelbak is specially designed to hold one vodka bottle, rather than a water bladder.
5. Do-It-Yourself Amputation Kit – Designed by Aron Ralston, the hiker who cut off his own arm to escape from an 800 pound boulder. You never know when this kit will come in “handy.”
6. Menage a Trois Three-Man Sleeping Bag – I picked this up before my trip to Mont Blanc, in the French Alps. It’s in great condition, never been slept in. I’m not saying it hasn’t been used; it’s just never been slept in.
7. Hemp Rope – Great for climbing to high altitudes, especially in Washington and Colorado.
8. Stiletto Hiking Boots – Laced up to the knee for that extra support. It was a gift from the infamous “Hiker Barbie” who was a member of the club ten years ago. The stiletto heel acts as a crampon for icy trails.
Please RSVP if you want to attend. It is also helpful to list what you plan to sell, so people know in advance if there is anything they might want.
Hope to see you there!