lets do a full moon kayak down the Salt River Friday June 13th. and plan on a BBQ afterwards. I will supply the hotdogs, please bring some kind of dish to share/or your own BBQ item of choice if you don't want hotdogs.
A Tonto pass is required. You can get them at the Shell station. We will meet at the shell station to set up shuttle vehicles. We will put in at Water users and take out at Granite Reef, plan on a few hours of kayaking. We will do the BBQ/potluck at Granite Reef.
Please know your limits on kayaking a river. Kayaking a river at night is awesome but be comfortable on a river, it's harder to see at night. You are kayaking at your own risk, I am not liable,......so please bring life vest, you chose if you want to to wear it. A head lamp is a good idea. If you choose to bring alcohol please be responsible (I like beer) :} Do remember you will be driving afterwards at some point!! Bottles are not allowed on the river, so please bring cans......
for those who need to rent a kayak there are several places, I know several people have used the Salt River Kayak rental....Captain Ted.
* Arizona Canoe & Kayak Outfitters, Tempe. (480)[masked]
* Arizona Hiking Shack, Phoenix. (602)[masked]
* Arizona Inflatables & Paddlesports, Tempe. (480)[masked]
* Canyon Lake Marina, Canyon Lake. (480)[masked]
* El Mar Diving Center, Mesa. (480)[masked]
* Arizona Outdoor Fun, Phoenix (602)[masked]
* Riverproof Outfitters, Mesa. (480)[masked]
* Saguaro Lake Ranch, Mesa. (480)[masked]
* Salt River Canoe, Kayak & Raft Rentals, Mesa. Captain Ted (480)[masked]
* Sonoran Kayak Rentals, Tempe. (480)[masked]
* Kayak Rentals at Lake Pleasant Harbor Marina, Jared, www.GoKayakAZ.com,[masked]