Let's head out for another fun South Mountain hike. Let's head up the wonderful Marcos De Niza trail and eventually we'll connect into Desert Classic. We can follow this all the way back to the parking lot. This route will provide some fun hill climbs for those that want to challenge gravity. This should be about a 5 mile loop and we normally finish in 2 hours.
Bring plenty of water, a head lamp or flash light and snacks if you need them. We'll head to Rustler's Rooste after the hike for a brew and view.
Here are directions to the parking lot. Follow them to the letter and be on time.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the north shelter.
Let's have fun.