The Pyramid Trail is a 3 mile out and back (total 6 miles) with a total elevation climb of 1,100 feet and a short elevation climb of about 800' in one mile. There are scenic views of Ahwatukee and Chandler from the top of Pyramid Trail.
The trail follows a ridge line and meets up with the National Trail, where there is a short 0.5 mile climb and a Panoramic View of Phoenix to the north and Ahwatukee to the south. This makes a good turn around point.
It would be fun to meet at Loco Patrons in Ahwatukee after the hike, a local favorite (on the corner of W Chandler Blvd and S Desert Foothills Parkway) for post hike carb loading.
Note to moderate hikers: We want you to turn out! Since it is an out and back, you don't have to complete the hike. We will pick you up on the way back.
- Bring a headlamp and water
- There is no trail sweep. That means you may be hiking alone. Since it is an out and back, make mental notes of the trail. The trail includes markers. If you feel you can not safely return, request someone's help before you are isolated.
Directions to the Trailhead:
- Head South on I10 East (towards Tucson)
- Take Exit 161 to merge onto E Pecos Road and go about 8 miles on E Pecos Road
- Turn Right onto S 17th Avenue and go about 1 mile
- Turn Left onto Chandler Blvd and you have arrived at the end of Chandler Blvd (there is a 20 car parking lot).
- The Trailhead is at the very end of Chandler Blvd.