It has been a few years and so it is time to ask for donations once again. As you know, we do not charge dues for membership in this club, but it still costs money to operate. So periodically, when club funds run low, we ask our active members for a voluntary donation of $10 each. If you choose to contribute, you can either give me the money at a meeting (I'll be at the next three meetings) or mail it to me at home:
1029 W 17th St
Tempe, AZ 85281
If you are sending a check, please write it to me personally as the club does not have its own bank account.
If this is all cool with you, you need read no farther. If you still have questions or concerns, let me attemt to address them now:
1) The contribution is VOLUNTARY. No one keeps track of who donates and who does not. Our members have always been generous enough to fund the club without any need for record keeping.
2) Although we have 1500+ members, please do not think that I am collecting $15,000 (1500 x $10). In reality, we have about 200 active members, of whom 30 to 50 will choose to contribute, and I will collect between $300 and $500. I have been doing this for many years; that's how it always works out.
3) The club costs aproximately $170 per year to operate. It's $12 per month for the meet up site, and there is usually some other small random expense, such as a prize for the photo contest.
4) I cannot give you a receipt, I have no charitable contribution number, you will not get a smiley sticker from the IRS, and whatever other from of paperwork you may want I do not have it. Don't ask for it. If you can't manage to donate $10 without forms signed in triplicate than please just don't donate.
5) Last time I asked for donations there were a few people who were greatly offended and very vocal in their complaints. I wanted to thank these people so much for their efforts. Not only did you provide the rest of us with endless amusement (you should see my sock collection!) but many people donated $20 rather than the requested $10 to make of for the winers, Be warned ,however. This year if there are any malcontents, you will be "referred" to:
Zorik, Enforcer of Arbitrary, Unfair, and Irresponsible Decrees
the desert rat
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY
", your message will be sent to everyone
on this mailing list ([address removed]
This message was sent by Adam ([address removed]) from Take a Hike
To learn more about Adam, visit his/her member profileMeetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]