addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Take a Hike Message Board › Verde River

Verde River

A former member
Fellow kayakers,

I've been talking with Bliss about a Saturday trip on the Verde.  This particular trip takes you on a more difficult section of the river - can't be done in canoes, and I won't take beginners this time because I've never scouted this section before.  If you're an internediate paddler and dont mind swimming, let me know (very quickly) if you would like to do this trip.  Same gear/prep as upper Salt, same level of difficulty.  We would need to carpool from Phx quite early (leave no later than 6:30 am). 

Here is our invitation from the trip leader Greg:

Bliss, Todd,
We've got 10 people so far for Beasley to Gap on Saturday. Cindy is feeling a little under the weather so has offered to be a shuttle driver and get some fly fishing in. We have at least two large trucks that can hold at least 12 people for the shuttle. Todd, if you'd planned on running the Salt this weekend than you certainly capable of this Verde stretch. The upper part of the Verde you can run anytime of the year so I would encourage you to try this stretch while it's flowing. You will need a higher clearance vehicle for the shuttle but even something like a Subaru Forester would work. The road was in great shape the last time we were there. If you have more capable boaters interested who wouldn't mind taking a swim bring them along; the more the merrier. We'll be at Beasley by about 8:30 and start rigging. The shuttle takes 45 minutes to an hour to run. Hope you can make it.

Greg

­­­

Email me ASAP if you're interested.

-Todd