Tallahassee Nerds and Geeks (TNG) Message Board › Discuss Renaissance Faire Attendance in 2012 for TNG!

Discuss Renaissance Faire Attendance in 2012 for TNG!

Lyssa
LyssaJ1
Tallahassee, FL
Post #: 24
It should read "Discuss and Decide," because in 2011 it just didn't quite come together, but hopefully 2012 will be even better.

Here's what I suggest:

Try to keep the Faire or Festival to no-further than 5 hours away. This may be travel on Friday night, spend the day at the faire, and then stay at a hotel that night for the return trip on Sunday. Supply Renaissance Faires or Festivals, a link to their site, a personal statement if you or someone you know, has attended (with however the event went)

Here's my example: Hoggetowne Medieval Faire, located in Gainesville, Florida, approximately 4hours away (with a slow driver.) Here's the link: http://www.gvlcultura...­

It's a quaint faire, definitely not at state-level, but good for a jaunt.

Anyway, here's a link to all sorts of faires and festivals taking place all around the country, some of them still are taking place through this December, but ideally our group outing would be from late January to early May. (while it's still cool enough to wear cloaks but warms up enough to shed them at sometime during the day)

http://www.renfaire.c...­

Let's get discussing this folks, as the more who attend, the higher the chance that we could possible get a "group rate" and save some money (always a good idea!)

Cheers!

~Lyss
Scott Charles R.
user 19669561
Jackson, MS
Post #: 5
I am definitely up for going to any faires!
Chris (.
user 23975682
Tallahassee, FL
Post #: 1
I'm not really a ren faire guy as such, but I've taken to making walking sticks and staffs in my spare time and recently started playing recorder. I was wondering if any of you ren folks also play an instrument? I might be interested in making some garb and going to these things to play and maybe sell some wares.
Jenn M.
user 13908845
Tallahassee, FL
I'm totally interested in going to the one in Gainesville. My daughter is too (don't worry, she's almost 12 and acts older). Are we looking at the last week in January or first week in February to go?
Ashley
user 11527758
Tallahassee, FL
I would like to make it out to the Gainesville one. Either weekend works for me and I'd be willing to volunteer to drive if needed.

I haven't made it out to a TNG Meetup yet, but I hope to soon.
Scraps
scrapsoflife
Thomasville, GA
Post #: 12
I'd be willing to head over to Hoggetowne for January 28--it'd be an easy day trip and could be fun.
Lyssa
LyssaJ1
Tallahassee, FL
Post #: 25
I spoke with my +1 and he said we'd probably be available to do the Hoggetowne Faire on Saturday, 28 January. I agree with Scraps, that it'd make for a good day-trip (smile!)
Lyssa
LyssaJ1
Tallahassee, FL
Post #: 26
I spoke with my +1 and he said we'd probably be available to do the Hoggetowne Faire on Saturday, 28 January. I agree with Scraps, that it'd make for a good day-trip (smile!)

Due to recent medical issues, this road trip will not be possible for us; however, I suggest a game day and will post a separate event for that.
Phil
user 9983126
Tallahassee, FL
I've had a good time at Hoggetowne but I haven't been in a few years. I would be up for a trip over, potentially on whatever date was picked.

I've also had a really good time at the Georgia Renaissance Festival. It's definitely a 'big' deal for the Southeast. And I've never been to the Tampa one, but friends have.

I'm not exactly all about renaissance festivals, so I feel more like a spectator than a participant, but it's always been a good time. :)