This is the first Tampa Bay Cocoaheads meeting where we will suggest topics for future meetings and have people sign up to present on those topics. Some topics that come to mind are:
- Core Data Gotchas and Anti-Gotchas - things I've tripped over and how to avoid them.
- Unit Testing in XCode - regression testing in a can to avoid having your users beta-test your app
- Test-Driven Development in XCode
- OHTTPStubs for TDD with mocked-up web services - how to test your client code against web services without needing the web
- Test-Driven Design - structuring your code to make it testable
- Effective Prototyping with Storyboard
- Protocols, Delegates and NSNotifications - what's the difference?
- Basic Game / Simulation Architecture
- Core Animation and Core Graphics
but the floor is open for other topics as well. I love Cocoa and Objective C and think it's the only way to wring the best user experience out of iOS and OS X. I would love to see a Tampa Bay community with a critical mass of enthusiastic Cocoa developers that all teach and learn from each other.
Anybody can suggest topics at any meeting after the presentation and coding/QA and they will be fully considered. If it's a topic nobody knows anything about, you're invited to research it and present at an upcoming Cocoaheads meeting.