This a group for anyone interested in enjoying some fun in the great outdoors without worrying about knowing exactly how or tired of going it alone. Started by geek klutz (me) so, really, how bad can you be? ;)
BTW - If you join, please make sure you enter something in the section titled "Introduction"! This 1 or 2 sentances shows up alongside your pic when you are signed up for an event. Say something that makes you cool & special (other than joining the group, obviously) or what you want out of life/the group. Thanks! ~ Karl
>> Anyone (yes, this means you) is welcome to post an event on the calendar and let other cool group members join them in an activity. If you want to start small (good idea), we can limit the RSVP for your event to just 2 or 3 people. Reach out to me for the first time or two so I can walk you through the mechanics of posting etc.
So...“Where do you want to go today?” ;)
By the way, breathe easier...we're with you. You'll be in a group of experienced people so it's ok..any reliable kayak or mountain bike should be fine. Don't have a kayak? We try to locate kayaking events where rentals available right at our launch point.
Check out our Past and Upcoming events. You'll see we are Kayaking the shallow coastal areas, Hillsborough River or Ft. DeSoto or anywhere there's water. We're also mountain biking at Wilderness Park in North Tampa and Alafia in Riverview or anywhere there's a trail.
Come for the biking, stay for the kayaking. I have an extra bike and an extra kayak, paddle and vest. ;)
Now that this is almost 400 members (yikes!)..keep in mind I'm only one klutzy guy just throwing outdoor opportunities out there for others to share. So...It's important that every one keeps in mind the following.
Only four Rules: ...
1) Noone gets left behind
2) Stay with the group so we can keep Rule 1
3) *Noone* has permission to drown or fall off a mountain
4) We go as the slowest..and enjoy the scenery
Guidelines for our Events
These are guidelines for our group that I ask you to respect:
* Our meet-ups are organized but not super heavily structured.. for a reason. I'd like us to remain a fun group of friends - old & new - simply coming together for a scheduled activity. >> Please don't post your own agenda for an outing.
* Speak up!..it's cool to ask questions & give your opinions. Your comfort level and enjoyment is important. Please don't be stressed if someone can help! ;)
* Please have done kayaking and/or trail riding a couple of times and know the basics. We welcome and enjoy helping and encouraging beginners but none of our events are for training First-Timers.
* Stay together..we will wait on the slowest. Call out - immediately - when you realize you have an issue or are falling behind. We have 'sweeper' assigned to each trip so you should see at least one person behind you at all times. i
*** Note: I personally will NOT leave anyone behind or go home until the very last person has landed...so if I don't know where you are..I can be in for a very long and frustrating wait! *** ;)
* Don't be misled...Noone in our group is a paid expert and you should listen to everyone as if they are helpful but not necessarily right about you. Please remain personally responsible for your decisions to do something or attend.
* We all will try to watch out for each other - that's why we're doing this right? - but noone is in position of authority for your safety or skills.
>>> You must make your own decisions and act responsibly for your safety.
I am happy to continue to Sponsor this great group of people so it can be a fun and welcoming starting point for new friendships. Let's treat everyone with joy for the opportunity.