addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Tampa Bay Microcontrollers and Robotics Message Board › Microcontroller Motor Controller with programmable timing

Microcontroller Motor Controller with programmable timing

A former member
Post #: 8
I am interested in finding someone who could create an apparatus which would allow a motor to be turned on and off and have the speed varied via a program. Ultimately I would like for multiple motors to be controlled via the same interface. The entire project would need to work on a timer. I will explain.

Motor A, on forward at ? speed for ? time, off for ? time
Motor B, etc.

The electronics I expect are easier than the programming. I would also like for this to be timed down to, at least, 100ths of a second.

Run from a car battery or other 12v current.

These motors will be pulling a load but the gearing will be such that they don't need to be incredibly strong, just so they are repeatable.

There is also the desire to have a circuit closed occasionally, also on the timer.

If you are interested, and hopefully know how to do such a thing, please let me know.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi. I just discovered this board and joined the group. I don't know if this is allowed (moderator - feel free to delete this post if not) but I would like to put in a plug for our project that is building exactly what you mention - an intelligent microcontroller-based motor control system for robots. To read more visit http://transport-robo...­. Everyone is welcome to participate. If you would like to work with us on the project click the Login button at the top of the window, then click "New Member" to create a free account for you to use.