You asked and we're delivering! Once a month we're going to have an official member meeting. Meeting procedures are at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Af3_mesGaHCN21LjdlgbKz3AUcpcUVKaxMa4IPscCa8/edit?usp=sharing . If you don't want to speak, just show up and enjoy the meeting. If you do want to speak, members need only:
If you are working on something cool, bring your elevator pitch!
Avoid bringing issues to meetings. Solve them on your own.
When issues cannot be solved by daily consensus, (or require membership/board approval for legal reasons) submit them for the next meeting as an agenda item. Make sure each agenda item has:
- A BRIEF SUMMARY of the relevant problem
- A more comprehensive discussion of
-- WHAT the problem is
-- WHY it's relevant to the membership, board, etc.
-- WHO is involved
- Describe the proposed solutions. List pros and cons of each solution.
- Propose ONE BEST SOLUTION as official agenda proposal to be adopted in the "Consent Agenda"
- Suggest the time it should take to achieve resolution on the issue.
- All agenda items should be submitted at least 48 hours in advance of a meeting, but may be added at any meeting by any member--provided what the issue to be discussed and how to resolve it is clear.