Tampa/Sarasota International Adventure Travel Club Message Board › Anyone Going to Machu Pichu somtime next year?

Anyone Going to Machu Pichu somtime next year?

A former member
Post #: 90
I want to go to Machu Pichu, I hear its really nice city Lima and there is this Andes mountains that has incredible energy sources. I would like to go with a group. I hope that this would not cost too much. I was told by friends who used to live there, that you can find really inexpensive hotels there but the airfare from Miami is alittle high to go. IF we go as a group it should not be so expensive. So what you think People? Let me know

Linda
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Linda,

I am planning on hiking the Inca Trail Thanksgiving week of 2011. I am single so I am traveling solo to Peru but meeting with a small tour company called "GAP Adventures" I have done a few tours in my past and was stuck with a BIG single supplement; GAP does not charge any "single supplement" their prices are $1149(including tax) for 8 days and 7 nights, the airfare is about $1151(including tax) from American Airlines who does not charge any baggage fees. GAP also includes most meals. This will be my first GAP adventure and have heard both great and bad reviews about them. I am a very simple girl who would be perfectly happy sleeping on a dirt floor just to see the world. Please let me know if you need anymore info =-)

Laramie
Janet
user 23924802
Tampa, FL
Post #: 1
Hi Linda - I've traveled with GAP Adventures before and had a terrible experience. confused

The guides were simply going through the motions and didn't care whether the group enjoyed the trip or not. Sometimes they were actually rude. The bus was late most mornings so we were late for the sightseeing tours which meant we had to sit at the back of long entrance lines.The trips appear to be cheap but you get what you pay for...cheap. The accommodations were basically hostel class.

Good luck with your trip. Peru is amazing. I loved MP and Cuzco was way better than I thought it would be. Make sure you try the local Guinea Pig!!
A former member
Post #: 105
Hi Linda - I've traveled with GAP Adventures before and had a terrible experience. confused

The guides were simply going through the motions and didn't care whether the group enjoyed the trip or not. Sometimes they were actually rude. The bus was late most mornings so we were late for the sightseeing tours which meant we had to sit at the back of long entrance lines.The trips appear to be cheap but you get what you pay for...cheap. The accommodations were basically hostel class.

Good luck with your trip. Peru is amazing. I loved MP and Cuzco was way better than I thought it would be. Make sure you try the local Guinea Pig!!

thanks, for the info... I am going to go one day I own 3 guinea pigs, no eating them
Linda

going to sicily soon