Come join us for some Pet Partners Pet Therapy testing! This is a great way to learn about Pet Therapy and specifically about the test. If you come to observe or volunteer to help with the test, please leave your dog at home as this may be a distraction to the folks who are testing and also we are only cleared to have dogs that are testing on the property. :) We will be in the Medical Arts Building, Room 2 in the auditorium.
This group is for people interested in pet therapy. Members are made up of:
1. people who are currently visiting places with a pet
2. people involved in the court system that are bringing well screened pets into the court system in Hillsborough County thru Paws for Jusitice.
3. Delta Society Pet Partners.
4. People interested in pet therapy in the Tampa Bay area.
Only humane training methods and evaluation methods are promoted. Positive reinforcement is the most powerful way to modify behavior, so all training is focused on the manipulation of positive reinforcement.
Topics of interest:
1. improvement of handling skills during pet therapy.
2. Open discussion of pet stress signals.
3. Any other pet therapy related topics.
We look forward to having you! Happy Pet Therapy visiting!