Come join us in viewing the DVD of Patricia McConnell's 1/2 day seminar onLending a Helping Paw, A Guide to Animal Assisted Therapy. You will discover which dogs are appropriate, how to prepare both you and your dog and how to avoid common pitfalls and learn how to read your dog to ensure that he or she is enjoying the process.
This group is for people interested in pet therapy. Members are made up of:
1. people who are currently visiting places with a pet
2. people involved in the court system that are bringing well screened pets into the court system in Hillsborough County thru Paws for Jusitice.
3. Delta Society Pet Partners.
4. People interested in pet therapy in the Tampa Bay area.
Only humane training methods and evaluation methods are promoted. Positive reinforcement is the most powerful way to modify behavior, so all training is focused on the manipulation of positive reinforcement.
Topics of interest:
1. improvement of handling skills during pet therapy.
2. Open discussion of pet stress signals.
3. Any other pet therapy related topics.
We look forward to having you! Happy Pet Therapy visiting!