addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tampa Bay Pet Therapy Teams Message Board › 1 year old male yellow lab for adoption

1 year old male yellow lab for adoption

Melissa H.
user 10279138
Wesley Chapel, FL
Post #: 13
Does anyone in this group know of a dog person seriously interested in adopting a large, active, friendly, cute 1 year old male yellow lab? I know of one that is being given up due to time and space constraints of his current family, so contact me if this is of interest to you and I can provide more info and a pic.
A former member
Post #: 1
I would be interested. Please contact me via email, levanskiver@gmail.com thanks.
Melissa H.
user 10279138
Wesley Chapel, FL
Post #: 14
I believe he has found a home! Will not be final for a few weeks because someone is traveling to FL to get him at that time, so will re-post if that falls through.
Melissa H.
user 10279138
Wesley Chapel, FL
Post #: 16
This guy is on the market again - the potential home didn't pan out. If you know anyone who might be interested, please share this info. Also if you know anyone who might be willing to foster him starting next Tuesday 2/26 until a permanent home can be found, please share with them as well.

I have his picture and a brief video of him that I think shows he is energetic and happy to work and show off : ) It would be great to find him a family that would have fun exercising with him and teaching him new skills, tricks, sports and games : ) Contact me if you want me to email these to you.

What I know about him is: crate trained, neutered, gets along with other older lab and a cat he currently lives with and another older small dog he has met. Don't know if he has been exposed to any dogs besides those. Loves people he has met, including kids he has met. Can find out answers to any questions you have from current owner.

Reason giving up per current owner is just had a baby and downsized to a condo. Have an older lab they are keeping. Don't believe they have time to dedicate to, or space for, this young guy too anymore.

He went to a potential new home with 2 and 5 year old children for a 24 hr test run and mom there found him to be too excited when they got home from school/work for the day. Her kids were scared of him wriggling around all happy trying to love on them. Don't think they had been around large dogs much and don't think mom was prepared for him trying to eat off the kids' plates if they put the on the floor, trying to walk in to her shower to play in the water, trying to chew all her other dog's toys - you know, typical young lab stuff : )

On that trial run I do know he settled in with mom for the night and slept for 6 hours with her as her 70lb blanket : ) So it does seem he can settle down in addition to the energy illustrated in the video.

Thanks for any leads on a home for him!