This workshop is estimated to run for approx. 4 -5 hours and covers these areas.
- Safety - personal and environmental protection.
- Applications of screen printing in commercial and graphic art and a bit of history.
- Materials - Screens. Squeegee. Paint. Emulsion etc.
- Practical experiments - Qualities of paints.
- Paper, plastic, photo emulsion stencils.
- Screen preparation.
- Practical printing techniques.
- Practical printing and experimenting.
- Project idea: Create a poster for Tangleball.
Limited to 8 participants, the base cost is $35. [Discounted for Tumeke or Tangleball members] payable in advance to secure your place at the workshop. [or take your chances on the day]
Screens will be available on the day for around $20 (estimated)
Add $5 if you want a screen already coated with photo emulsion.
Some T-shirts will be available on the day for $10.00, but it is recommended you bring your own items to print as you know they will fit. Paper and other items can also be printed on to create your own artwork.
Location Location Location.
Tangleball Creative Space 27 Edinburgh St. Newton. Corner Ophir and Edinburgh St. Newton.
For full details of the course check out this link: http://mintmedia.co.nz/Screen_printing_workshop
Sounds great! How do I take part?
Email Rob ([masked]) with your info, and he will book you in.