What are Secret Supper Clubs?
They are underground restaurants usually hosted in the Chef's home. They are also hosted at 'pop up' locations. There are around 50 supper clubs in London... some are worthy of a Michelin Star, others should be shut down.
Due to extensive research involved in finding the best supper clubs (remember, some are not so good) and the complications that come with booking these over subscribed dinners, our supper club events are only available to our paid Bon Vivant Members.
This is an exclusive event for Bon Vivant members only. To join, please upgrade your membership. Members receive up to 70% off pay-as-you-go events, in addition to attending the miniTASTINGS for free. A total savings of over £500 per year. Member is £60 per year. www.tastour.com
How to book:
1. Sign up as a YES on meetup.
2. *After you sign up on meetup I will ask you to re-confirm your booking via email to the host. If you do not show, the host will send you a link to pay.
*We are tested this method, please provide feedback.
Note there are limited spots, and are allocated based on the first to email the supperclub.
About this Supper Club:
One of the first... Of the most well known... one of the best!
Full details available in the Bon Vivant Newsletter.
50m from Aldgate East tube station
From the website:
Minimum suggested donation £45, BYO, wine pairing suggestions from our sommelier : )
If you have allergies in your group we need a minimum of 4 days notice. We don't accept any allergy bookings after 5PM the Tuesday before the event.
We DO NOT currently cater for gluten free or vegetarian at the banquet (for private parties a completely bespoke menu is available)
When you book you are agreeing to the following:
- produce is as fresh as possible, and it's possible that last minute changes to menu will be made.
- everyone will be on a large banquet table, the spirit of the event is sharing and socialising.
- the suggested donation is a minimum of £45 per person in cash.
- it's BYOB no corkage charges - you can have you're drinks delivered to the venue (deets w/ booking)
- agree to pay £30 via PayPal should you cancel 24 hours before you are meant to attend, this is to cover the cost of the donation for your seat to Toynbee hall and costs of staff and food. I can't really cancel people wages or the heating bill!
- PUT IT IN YOUR DIARY AND DON'T FORGET! We will send you a reminder the week before.
They really hurt. Please provide as much notice as possible and within 72 hours of doors open - 7.30PM!
Cancelling later than this impacts us & your fellow guests:
- Waste of food and our time.
- Empty seats impacts on ambience - who want to sit next to an empty seat?
- We cannot fill the places if you only give us a little notice.
- It is very unfair to us and those who wish to attend but we understand life happens sometimes
- please let us know rather than just NOT turn up.
A comment frequently passed is that ferdiesfoodlab is "better than restaurant quality" this is because nothing that we serve has been sat in a fridge for 3 days on the off chance that someone will order it! Everything is bought specially for each event, and for each guest, and is therefor as fresh as can be!
We buy top quality, fresh ingredients, and prepare them on the day (unless it requires a slow cooking, or marinating process) the quantities we buy are based on the bookings. We cannot buy most of our food at cost price as we are NOT a restaurant and cannot order enough - so therefore, our costs are very high, but by the same token the aim is that our quality is high also!
If you cancel without any notice (on the day) or simply don't show, we will send you a link, so that you can make you donation via PayPal.
Please be considerate, its OK to cancel if you can not make it but please give us as much notice as possible - as there are many people who would like to come instead.
That said we would really like to welcome new guests who love food and enjoying eating with friends and strangers, enjoy!!