|Sent on:||Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:33 PM|
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.
Another year has passed; so many memories savored! I for one, put on another stone (14 lbs/ 6.3 kilos) to ensure I don't forget the good times we shared in 2011!
Dinner at Mint Leaf Restaurant near Bank
Connecting people is a great passion of mine and the highlight of 2011 was hearing about two members going on holiday together. Others shared meals outside the group. And a few found Love. Whatever the objective, they all came along to learn, try new food and drink and enjoy good conversation. This is what makes this group so special.
Guy Fawkes Chocolate Tasting
I usually don't make a New Year's resolution - does anyone actually stick with theirs? I have a few goals that I would like to accomplish for 2012 - yes, lose weight is on the list. I'd really like to write a book this year... so every time you see me, ask me, 'how it's going?'
Would you mind updating your profile questions?
I know I am a total wine geek, but I really enjoy reading your answers and it would mean a lot to me if you would take the time to update your answers.
Hopefully your profile questions will give me some inspiration on what to write about. In addition to the material from the events we've hosted. (see photos below)
It's simple and will only take a few minutes. Just write the first thing that comes to mind.
The 2012 Profile Questions
The questions are:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would it be?
2. What do you usually drink when you are out? Are you an occasional sipper or indulger?
3. What type of food do you like? Is there a food that you've always wanted to try, but haven't? What food would you NOT eat, for love or money.
4. If you were on a desert island, what food or drink would you have?
5. What is one thing you couldn't live without?
How to update your profile question:
1. visit www.meetup.com/tastour & Log in
2. In the top menu, next to home, drag your mouse over the members tab. Click on MY PROFILE
Many thanks for a fantastic year and a big welcome to all the new members. I look forward to welcoming you in 2012
My 2011 Highlights:
I did learn one thing this year. It's not easy to carry 4 beers! The girls at the Bavarian Beer House make it look so easy!
Our Scary Sherry Halloween party
A party at an English Vineyard - The food and wine matching dinner was amazing
The best festival of the Year - The Rum Festival - Miss this in 2012 and your crazy
Good things don't last forever. Our 3 year partnership sadly ended this year as the best Brazilian in London closed (due to poor location)
The war of the Bordeaux - the biggest loser of the fine wine tasting
This is the A team, and I couldn't have managed the social drinks without them. Here we are just about to take a high speed boat into the ocean after our Brewery Tour.
Yes, all these glasses (plus 1000 more) are stored in my flat.
The annual Ice Cream and Liqueur tasting is worth the washing up :)
Yes, it was as fun as it looks - Henley Royal Regatta
Can't decide which was better... Royal Ascot
England's finest rosé in a lovely rose garden
I think I'll stop there with the photos, as there may not be anyone still reading.
If there is... raise your glass!
Here's to 2011... bring on 2012!
We have some amazing NEW events:
1. The floating classroom, a canal trip from little Venice to Camden is going to be the most talked about event of the year.
2. Georgian Wine & Food Tastings
3. Mint Leaf Restaurant: Lamb and WHITE wine tasting
Wishing you all the best!