Help support your MeetupChip in
We are a Constitutionally based citizen group with monthly meetings. We are active in Shawnee and surrounding counties in central Oklahoma and will assist interested parties in establishing local groups.
Our Mission Statement and Core Values
The mission of the Tea Party of Central Oklahoma is to promote limited government, individual liberty, and respect for the Constitution as the principles upon which this nation was founded. It is our responsibility to educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our core values.
· Constitutionally Limited Government: We are inspired by our founding fathers and regard the Constitution of the United States to be the supreme law of the land. We believe that it is possible to know the original intent of the government our founders set forth, and stand in support of that intent. Like our founding fathers, we support states' rights for those powers not expressly stated in the Constitution.
Government at all levels has grown too big and too powerful, and as such is taking away individual freedoms and liberty. We support a return to a smaller, less intrusive and more manageable government that answers to the people as the Founders intended.
· Respect for the Constitution: Our government is a republic based on our Constitution and we expect our elected officials to write laws that respect the Constitution as written, or to lawfully amend the Constitution.
· Fiscal Responsibilityand Transparency: Fiscal responsibility is the duty of all elected officials. Balanced budgets and transparency of expenditures is paramount to public trust. Budget deficits represent generational theft. Fiscal responsibility by government honors and respects the freedom of the individual to spend the money that is the fruit of their own labor. A constitutionally limited government, designed to protect the blessings of liberty, must be fiscally responsible or it must subject its citizenry to high levels of taxation that unjustly restrict the liberty our Constitution was designed to protect.
· Separation of Powers: The proper role of the Legislative Branch is to use plain language to write laws that, within the limits of the Constitution, protect the rights and liberties of the individual citizen. The proper role of the Executive Branch is to execute and enforce the Constitution and the laws written by the Legislature. The proper role of the Judicial Branch is to strictly interpret the Constitution and laws as written by the legislature. Judges who legislate from the bench steal constitutional authority and thus liberty from the people.
· Protection of Individual Rights: As conceived in the Declaration of Independence, our nation guarantees that each individual is endowed by his Creator with certain unalienable rights, those being; "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." It is the responsibility of the federal government, as defined in the Constitution, to protect the individual rights of the American citizen.