Tri Smart Masters
Endurance Swim Challenge
USMS Recognition #214-R001
Date: Sunday, January 19, 2014
Time: 7:30am start. Doors open at 7:00am.
Location: Lemont Park District's The CORE,[masked]th Street, Lemont, IL
Facility: 25 yard, 6 lane pool. There are bleachers available for spectator seating.
Fees: $30.00 Advanced Entry / $40.00 at the door per swimmer.
Make checks payable to: Tri Smart Coaching
Proof of USMS membership required for insurance purposes. Non-USMS members allowed, but are not
covered by USMS insurance.
Advanced Entry: Send your completed entry (use the consolidated ILMSA entry form at
http://www.ilmsa.com/files/meets/ConsolidatedEntryCard.pdf), fees and a copy of USMS membership card
no later than Monday, January 13th to:
Tri Smart Coaching
P.O. Box 142
Lemont, IL 60439
You can also register on line up until January 18th, 2014: Swim-A-Poolooza Registration
Lanes will be assigned by distance, depending on response. There will be a time clock signaling each
3 different intensity levels to choose from, all at 100 second intervals (1 minute 40 seconds). On the entry
form, please choose one of the following events:
1. Highest Intensity 100 x 100s on the[masked],000 yards total
2. Medium Intensity 100 x 75s on the 100 7,500 yards total
3. Average Intensity 100 x 50s on the 100 5,000 yards total
Entry Methods: Online entry no later than Saturday, January 18, 2014
Deck entries will be accepted.
Questions: [masked] or call[masked]
Rules and Procedures:
1. There will be a 15-minute break halfway thru the event for refueling and re-hydrating. You may swim
through, but you will have to keep track of your own intervals. (15 minutes = 9 intervals)
2. A time clock will be setup by the bulkhead. Clock programming will be set to1:40 intervals with a tone
signaling each starting interval. Additional clocks will be at each end of pool.
3. All lanes with more than two swimmers will follow circle-swim rules. Swimmers in each lane should
regulate their order amongst themselves (fastest first, slowest last)
4. Each lane will only support one distance (100, 75 or 50), there will be no mixing of distance in the same
5. Swimmers should start at 3 second intervals when doing circle swim.
6. For safety reasons, no long fins (short fins like Zoomers OK), and no hand paddles (gloves OK).
7. All USMS rules and regulations will apply.