Have you always wanted to learn to sew? Or maybe you know how to sew but want a group to sew with. At Make It Sew we will have fun creating useful items with fabric, thread and a sewing machine.
Due to space limitations for this day, we will be capping this Meetup at 15 people. Please RSVP below. There will be a wait list, so please let us know if you will be unable to make it.
Members and non-members welcome!
All levels are welcome and we will work on a variety of projects over time. Sometimes we will use store bought patterns and sometimes we won't.
This week I can only be with the group from 10-11:30. During that first hour and a half we will make a lined zippered pouch. You can use the rest of the time to work on UFOs (Un-Finished Objects)
For the zippered pouch you'll need:
• Fat Quarter (or 2 if you'd like to make the lining different)
• 1/4yd Fusible Fleece
• 9" or 10" zipper (Any color you'd like)
• Scraps of fabric or ribbon for embellishing your bag.
• Sewing machine and manual
• Rotary Cutter and Mat (Mat is optional as there are mats at TechShop)
• Basic Sewing Kit
• If you have a portable ironing board and iron, this project does take a lot of pressing along the way so it would be helpful to have, but not required
The group will ultimately decide the directions we take with projects to make sure everyone has fun and makes items that are of interest to them!
For questions, comment here or e-mail [masked]