Have you always wanted to learn to sew? Or maybe you know how to sew but want a group to sew with. At Make It Sew we will have fun creating useful items with fabric, thread and a sewing machine.
Due to space limitations for this day, we will be capping this Meetup at 15 people. Please RSVP below. There will be a wait list, so please let us know if you will be unable to make it.
Members and non-members welcome!
All levels are welcome and we will work on a variety of projects over time. Sometimes we will use store bought patterns and sometimes we won't.
We will be making this adorable tote bag. It is perfect as a purse, lunch bag (use insul-bright as the the lining instead of batting) diaper bag or anything.
• Top Outside Fabric and handles - 1/2 yd or 2 Fat Quarters
• Bottom Outside and inside pockets - 3/4yd or 3 Fat Quarters
• Trim Piece and Lining - 1/2yd or 2 Fat Quarters (You can also use ricrac for the trim piece and 1 yard should be enough
• Fusible Fleece 3/4yd
• Thread to Match
• Sewing machine and manual
• Rotary Cutter, Ruler for Rotary Cutter and Mat (Mat is optional as there are mats at TechShop)
• Basic Sewing Kit
The group will ultimately decide the directions we take with projects to make sure everyone has fun and makes items that are of interest to them!
For questions, comment here or e-mail [masked]