Tech in Motion: Boston Message Board › Director of Server and Network Operations Boston, MA 100-140K
|A former member||
If you like an opportunity to maintain network and infrastructure on a large scale and be able to integrate managerial skills into your work, this might be a great position.
Our client is a top-tier publishing company currently seeking a Director of Servers and Networks. The position reports directly to the CIO of the company and will be responsible for maintaining their infrastructure.
• Manage security configurations and deploy
• Research and evaluate new potential technologies.
• Track and maintain software licensing as well as hardware inventory information.
• Create and maintain technical documentation.
• Oversee our client’s hosted MS Exchange.
• Manage any vendor relationships as they pertain to server and network operations.
• Provide support on various projects and initiatives as directed by management.
Required Knowledge and abilities:
• BS in Information Technology or equivalent
• 10+ years of working experience
• 5+ additional years of managerial experience
• Experience supporting 5+ locations.
• Strong expertise/experience in Oracle, including porting databases to different platforms.
• Knowledgeable experience with VMware, Java, WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat.
• Expertise in Netapp Storage; HP & IBM hardware, including blades; Cisco & F5.
• Cisco IOS and network configuration expert; experienced with network planning & execution.
• Expertise in Linux (Red Hat); experienced with AIX and related technologies, as well as TCP/IP protocols, including familiarity with common routing protocols, and DNS technologies.
• Considerable experience with private cloud, data center migration and storage consolidation.
• Experience creating a shared hosting environment.
• Good experience designing network and server architecture.
• Experience with Nimsoft monitoring tools.
• Experience maintaining and providing operational dashboards and reports to senior management.
• Deep experience with deploying, administering, and securing Microsoft Windows server 2000, 2003.
• Extensive work with Active Directory, IIS, patch-management, DHCP, SAN, File and Print Services, HP/Compaq, IBM Server Class Hardware, networking utilities and hardware diagnostics, as well as SharePoint.
• Strong experience with SQL Server 2000 through 2005 and SQL Management Tools.
• Experience with tape backup technologies including tape libraries and Enterprise tape backup software.
• Familiarity with business continuity planning, programs and disaster recovery.
• Experience with budget & license tracking.
• Ability to clearly and concisely develop and maintain processes, procedures, and documentation.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team.
• Ability to produce creative solutions to business problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (helpful to have):
• Experience with LAN/WAN technologies.
• Extremely PC literate & MS Office expert.
• Network Management and Monitoring Systems.