Tech in Motion: Boston Message Board › Linux DevOps Engineer in Downtown Boston (80-105k)
If you’d like a unique opportunity that blends creativity, ingenuity and technical skills into a single career, this is just the kind of job you’re looking for.
Our client is currently seeking a System Engineer who can use their technological expertise to create, run and maintain large scale globally distributed infrastructure. An ideal candidate would be both fluent in Unix and Linux administration as well as having a strong understanding of development.
• Monitor systems and traffic using created solutions and resolve errors
• Measure strength of systems, network and software using created test suites and stress testing.
• Optimize deployment by creating streamlining software.
• Analyze, locate points for improvement and bolster systems and datacenters
• Triage system errors as they occur and create software solutions to prevent further complications
• Observe and create new architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems.
• Perform and participate in software and system analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
• 3+ years of working experience in a large scale Linux or Unix environment as a systems engineer or systems administrator.
• Professional background working with the LAMP stack.
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, CDN load balancing and network security.
• Highly skilled in C/C++, Perl, python, Shell/Expect and/or PHP.
• Good familiarity with system monitoring and performance measurement tools and techniques, including Nagios, Ganglia, and Cacti.
• Working experience with system maintenance automation and management tasks, including tools such as Puppet, CFengine, and Chef.
• Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests.
• College degree in engineering or technical discipline.
If interested, please send resume to Michael.Lotfy@jobspringpartners.com