Tech in Motion: Boston Message Board › Senior Linux Administrator, Newton MA - 90-110K + Benefits + Bonus

Senior Linux Administrator, Newton MA - 90-110K + Benefits + Bonus

A former member
Post #: 6
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work in both a hands-on capacity and a managerial one, this is an excellent opportunity for you!

My client is one of the most prolific money lenders in America and they’re currently seeking a Senior System Administrator to support their IT infrastructure and manage their Hardware team.

Responsibilities:
-Manage system team and provide guidance to system architects.
-Support and mentor my client’s Unix admins on their projects and process.
-Work towards and automated System Infrastructure by focusing on maintaining consistency with process and workflow
-Maintain current servers and kickstart new ones as well as netwok monitoring services
-Manage and monitor Network Appliance, Legato Networker environment and other storage systems
-Deploy new code releases and patches for custom software and operating systems and update current code according to new releases and patches.

Requirements:
-Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
-5+ years of working experience with Postfix, RedHat, Apache and Linux or Kickstart,
-5+ years of working experience in a managerial capacity when implementing systems and storage projects
-24/7 On-call rotation experience

Strong Pluses:
CFEngine
Weblogic
Cisco Networking
Nagios and Mon monitoring tools
Solaris
NetApp storage device management
Dell hardware management

If interested email me at kendall.quinlan@jobspringpartners.com