Tech in Motion: Boston Message Board › Linux DevOps Engineer in Boston, MA 70-100K
Do you like cutting edge technologies?! Sure you do, who doesn’t? The real question is this: Do you want to use your technical skills to help catapult one of the city’s most promising startups to their optimal point of growth?
Our client is an incredibly ambitious startup in Boston looking for an internal Linux System Administrator to support its growing infrastructure. With an eye for technology and a smart business plan, an ideal candidate can look forward to helping the company grow to where the Cloud is the limit.
• 3+ years of Linux System administration, CentOS preferred.
• Windows system administration experience (Vista, 7, server 2008)
• Extensive work with Puppet or similar configuration management tool
• Previous experience administering internet-facing sites using change management controls
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot unknown problems efficiently.
• Solid understanding of networking configuration
• Experience configuring and replicating MySQL. Understanding of SQL and database concepts.
• Familiarity with monitoring technologies such as NAGIOS and Cacti.
• Demonstrable knowledge of a scripting language
• Excellent customer facing skills, communication, and team-work skills
• Strong personal organization and task management skills.
• 24/7 on-call rotation.
• Samiliarity with tools and products we use: Esper, Terracotta, Cacti, Graphite, Jetty, Splunk
Local Candidates Only.