Tech in Motion: Boston Message Board › Telecommute Linux System Administrator
Our client is an incredibly ambitious webhosting company in Waltham, MA looking for a Linux System Administrator to remotely support its growing infrastructure. With an eye for technology and a smart business plan, an ideal candidate can look forward to helping the company grow to where the Cloud is the limit.
• 3+ years of Linux System administration, Red Hat, Centos, and Debian preferred.
• Extensive work with Puppet, Chef, or similar configuration management tool
• Previous experience administering internet-facing sites using change management controls
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot unknown problems efficiently.
• Solid understanding of networking configuration
• Experience configuring and replicating MySQL. Understanding of SQL and database concepts.
• Familiarity with monitoring technologies such as NAGIOS and Cacti.
• Demonstrable knowledge of a scripting language, Perl, PHP, or Python
• Excellent customer facing skills, communication, and team-work skills
• Strong personal organization and task management skills.
• Similarity with tools and products we use: Esper, Terracotta, Cacti, Graphite, Jetty, Splunk
Local Candidates Only. Interested candidates should respond with a resume.