Tech in Motion: Boston Message Board › Senior Windows Admin in Cambridge MA 90-110K + Benefits + Bonus
If you’re looking for an opportunity to support the infrastructure of a top-class company, then this is a great opportunity.
Our client is a leading legal firm, and they’re in need of a network and storage engineer to help maintain their data and system infrastructure.
• Support all network aspects including switches, firewalls, routers, accelerators, VPN concentrators and load balancers.
• Provide additional support for all parts of the enterprise storage system.
• Design and provide maintenance on network and storage system configuration as well as procedure documentation.
• Monitor operations of system tasks (including daily backups, remote communications and virus detection) to ensure smooth operations and solid performance.
• Acquire an understanding of all aspects of current standard system software, including performance-monitoring tools.
• Optimize performance of storage, network and VoIP hardware.
• Test and install network and storage patches, firmware and updates.
• Recommend new hardware purchases, software and system tools.
• Perform routine system maintenance and other related duties, sometimes during off-hours and on weekends.
• Design and implement local and wide-area networks of offices and VoIP networks.
• Act as main support and be able to troubleshoot network aspects relating to the virtual server environment
• Work directly under senior IT management.
• Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services.
• Provides technical lead for systems and network team and other IT staff of appropriate seniority
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of relevant working experience in a System/Network Administrator or Engineer role
• Ability to self-direct when appropriate, manage projects and tasks, and take initiative in researching system/network issues and recommend solutions and utilize educated and informed judgments where appropriate.
• Strong ability to work as a team member and follow project plans and procedures.
• A solid understanding of Windows operating systems and of networking/distributed computing environment concepts. Good understanding of the principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide filesystem layouts.
• Strong understanding of current computer hardware technology and ability to adapt to constantly changing computer technology.
• Excellent experience in working with Windows 2003/2008, Active Directory, Exchange 2010, and replication services
• Good analytical and troubleshooting skills. Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or white papers, problem reports and end user notifications
• Strong understanding of Layer 3 switching Architectures. Familiarity with Layer 4-7 switching concepts( VLAN, QoS, PoE, tagging)
• Ability to work with multiple physical transports including single mode fiber, Multi mode fiber, Twisted Pair, Wireless Technologies
• Experience with complex TCP/IP networks using Cisco and Extreme Switches
• Familiar with Cisco IOS and ExtremeOS, configuring and maintaining routers and installing/configuring DNS
• Experience with network security EAP/802.1x
• Building and managing firewalls
• Familiar with SAN technologies (Fiber Channel, iSCSI), Virtual Server Technologies (Vmware) and VoIP Technologies
Local Candidates Only
If interested send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org