Tech In Motion: Orange County Message Board › Looking for Developers of Applications Using Interests

Looking for Developers of Applications Using Interests

Tony S.
Laguna Beach, CA
Post #: 4
I'm an Orange County-based tech entrepreneur, but I've been working with an innovative start-up based in Canada's Tech Triangle (Waterloo, Kitchener and Cambridge, Ontario). Their product is a semantic data service that dynamically generates interest networks/interest graphs based on simple expressions of a user's interests. Interest networks can be used to filter web content, match people to other people or products of interest, provide background knowledge for personal assistants, etc. The product recently transitioned from R&D to commercial launch, and is now generally available for commercial use at There is a simple browser-based app to give you an idea of what an interest network is and what it can be used for, as well as various developer resources for using the full data service (which is accessible via a RESTful API).

Primal is looking for partners/developers of applications that have a need to personalize or individualize content or services based on user interests. There is some working example code (in Primal's Github repository), several other example use cases and complete API documentation. If you need some help boot-strapping the service for use by your application, Primal can provide some assistance, and I'm available to help locally as well. The service is available on a freemium model, with pricing intended to be disruptive relative to both manually-curated and big data analytics-based approaches.

I hope to hear from some of you!