align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Electronic Music Moves the Triangle Message Board › Interest Check: Gareth Emery, June 18 @ The Forum, Charlotte

Interest Check: Gareth Emery, June 18 @ The Forum, Charlotte

Charles
Eletriarnation
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 1
Chad mentioned a couple weeks back that Gareth Emery, who's a pretty big-name progressive/trance DJ, will be in Charlotte on the Friday after next, seen here:

http://www.wantickets...­

Tickets are only $17.50 normal/$23 VIP, which is fairly inexpensive, and I think it's likely I'll make the trip; I wanted to check and see if anyone else might be interested. My preference would probably be to drive back in the early morning after we leave the show rather than pay for a hotel room.
A former member
Post #: 4
Dude! I'm so game! I live in Fayetteville but I am buying tickets right now....
Kim (.
Purrfekt
Cary, NC
Post #: 107
Charles, If you are interested in hosting the event, I'll post it the calender. This sounds like a great night, but I won't be able to make it.
Charles
Eletriarnation
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 2
Yeah, I'll host it. Ryan, if you can get to Raleigh from Fayetteville, I think I'd be able to drive from Raleigh. My car can seat 5 legally and 4 comfortably, and anyone who parks at my apartment or can be picked up without a large detour along the way is welcome.

Edit: Also, Ryan, if you've already bought a ticket, did you buy VIP or normal? I'd probably go with VIP because the price difference is so small, but if you already bought one then I'll match it.
Kim (.
Purrfekt
Cary, NC
Post #: 109
Cool, Charles, thanks. If you can email me with the time details or post here if you want. I'll post the event tomorrow. On my way to work in a few minutes. Hope it's a great night.
A former member
Yes, let's do this. I just emailed Jeff about it as well. Would be great to have a crew to ride down there and party with. I just planned on getting a hotel room or something by the club. I saw Armin there a couple months ago and there is a Holiday Inn right beside the Forum....Would be good for a little pre-game/post-game action!
A former member
Post #: 2
Also would be good if we could leave around 7. That way we could get there about 9 and check in and grab a bite to eat before we go in. Just a thought.
A former member
Yeah, I'll be there. I may drive up separate because I may stay with a friend in the area for the weekend. I'll let you know. From my experience with The Forum, if we get there between 10-10:30 we'll be good. With a big name like Gareth Emery, and it's a Friday night, the club is going to be dope! The VIP tickets are for the upper level where you can see the whole dance floor and crowd. It's nice for variety for only a few dollars more.
Charles
Eletriarnation
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 3
OK... well, if we want to get there by 10 safely, I'd probably want to aim to leave Raleigh at 7, as Chad says. My place is in Southeast Raleigh, near State - if someone else would prefer to drive, I can be at their place at 7 or whenever if I know where it is.
A former member
Post #: 3
I live in Glenwood South, so either place works for me. I prefer to stay in Charlotte to eliminate drinking and driving. Plus you never know if you meet some people and want to kick it after the show...Always like to have the option available...But if noone else wants to stay, I can drive myself.