The Terrace Local Foods/Sustainable Living Meetup Group Message Board Local Gardening How-To Forum › Trying to determine local interest for a SPIN workshop in the spring

Trying to determine local interest for a SPIN workshop in the spring

A former member
Post #: 1
We have the potential to get a SPIN workshop here in Terrace (see: http://www.spinfarmin...­) that would be organized by Beyond the Market: growing the North ( I need to get back to the organizer regarding the number of people that would be interested in participating in such a workshop. The workshop is a full day workshop on a week-end, would be in the spring 2013, and it includes a book and lunch and snacks. Beyond the Market has a limited budget and people would have to pay at least $40 to cover the cost of the book, lunch and coffee. The workshop presenter is described here:
Beyond the Market wants to know how many people in the Terrace area would be interested in attending this workshop here in Terrace and how much they would be willing to pay for it. As you will note in the poster, the non-subsidized price for this workshop is almost $200, but Beyond the Market will fund most of the costs (except for the book and lunch). They are also considering charging more than $40 so that they can afford to put on more workshops for the North. If you are interested in the SPIN workshop, please send me an email by Wednesday December 5 and let me know how much you are willing to pay for the workshop. If you are not interested in a SPIN workshop and would prefer different workshops, please let me know what topic(s) you would like to see covered in food production in Terrace.
Lynda Gagne