Texas Rock Climbing is a group of friends from all over Texas that get together to go climbing. Several different Texas Rock Climbing mailing lists and Meetup Groups have been combined here to provide one central place for Texas Rock Climbers to get plugged into the community.
We welcome EVERYONE and have events for aspiring climbers, beginners, sport, trad, and multi-pitch climbers.
Most of the time we climb at crags in Texas but we often organize trips to other states and countries.
We hope to continue to centralize and strengthen the many small regional climbing groups and create a central location where climbers can find climbing partners, gatherings and trips.
We help with the replacement of old climbing hardware to ensure the safety of Texas climbing.
We are active in opening new climbing areas and maintaining the ones that we have.
Join us on Meetup here to see what's coming up!
Like Texas Rock Climbing on Facebook
Join our Facebook group!
EVENT HOSTS WANTED: Do you have a favorite crag or gym at which you'd like to invite other climbers to join you? Have an out of state or international trip planned?Send me an email and let's chat.
Are you a leader at a regional Texas climbing group? Give me a call, we'd love to join forces!
Are you a new or aspiring Rock Climber? Join us and we will help you get started safely.
1) We can help you find a Introduction To Climbing class with Belay Lesson, or a full climbing 101 group or private class near you (belay experience required for most outdoor climbs)
2) Find out which gear you'll need to purchase, start by reading our online guide http://ruggedindividual.com/best-beginner-s...
3) Find great deals for this gear
4) Learn about climbing etiquette and how to be helpful and polite around other climbers
5) RSVP for upcoming meetups as they're scheduled on the Calendar to get introduced to some of the climbing areas we visit
*Disclaimer of Liability: Rock climbing is a lot of fun, but it can also be dangerous. Participation is at your own risk and in the worst case an error in judgement or a mistake can result in death, which is usually permanent. So please climb and belay with care and seek professional training with one of our sponsors or another accredited climbing instructor.