addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Texas Rock Climbing Message Board › Week Day Climbing

Week Day Climbing

John D.
user 44877972
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
This "rocks" (I'm so sorry I had to....) glad we are starting to get a nice little weekday group together. Beats fighting the crowds on the weekend!
A former member
Post #: 6
Hey weekdayer's and anyone interested. It sure is getting beastly humid but would anyone be down for early morning into the afternoon climbs at Gus Fruh again. Would like to start around 8ish. All welcome!!!
John D.
user 44877972
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
I'm in, I can start doing that tomorrow. If I bring my gear to work I can be there by 9.
A former member
Post #: 14
Gonna be at the main event at noon on wednesday if anyone is interested.
Dave
Chad
user 35192872
Grapeland, TX
Post #: 23
Next week I get off and am free Wednesday. I'm a 5-9 guy. Been wanting to try guss. With some beta help I think I can bust through my 5-10 barrier. If the crises have any good holds I'm good but I don't want to hold anyone back. I'm a good bellayer for lead. Anyone down I'd Have to get a hotel unless someone has a place to crash the night before.
A former member
Post #: 1
Did the weekday people all get situated? I'm a night worker as well. I'm trying to get back into the sport after years out of it, but I know I can pick it up quickly. Another set of hands here!

Looking to buy a harness and shoes as well. Size 10 shoe and 160lbs

jordan(at)snowden(dot)info
770-315-9398
Billy S.
user 53788262
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Howdy Y'all,

Just joined this group and am so glad to see there is a group of morning climbers. I am a musician so I work afternoons and evenings as well. I'm looking to build up my experience lead climbing outdoors, so far have lead on 5.8+/5.9 outdoors and 5.10b/c in the gym. Have all my own gear. Feel free to contact me at billyplaysbass@gmail.com or 713-291-7090.

Best,
Billy Satterwhite
John D.
user 44877972
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
Ok, so there's been a lot of response by people with crazy schedules like Brian and I since we've sort of started this weekday climbing thing. Good stuff! You can usually find us at Seismic during the week or Gus on hotter days but since Brian busted his finger and Lucas has been too cool the schedules have kind of gotten thrown off. If anybody wants to hit up either Seismic or preferably Gus at around 9 or 10am a few times this week email me and we'll set something up.

John.Deas2@gmail.com

John
A former member
Post #: 15
Next Monday (16th) I don't work until 3pm, so if anyone wants to climb in the morning I'm up for it. Either indoors or outdoors, it's fine by me. I have all the gear, but right now no spare harness or shoes (I do have a couple normally for people who don't).

Let me know!
Dave
John D.
user 44877972
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Anybody want to climb either Seismic or Gus this week? Mornings at about 9:30 or so work best for me this week. Also keep in mind if we go with Seismic it's supposed to be 100 + basically all week so bring lots of water and sun screen.

John