Camp and bike the Texas trail at Lake Mineral Wells SP. Swimming(?) and paddling also available. This is the member's appreciation camping weekend. This means:
• That those who have paid their dues get free camping all weekend
• That those who have paid their dues get free BBQ on Saturday afternoon
• Those who haven't paid their dues are welcome to join us. Cost is standard camping fee* plus $10 for BBQ on Saturday.
This is the Fall Members Appreciation Event that features free camping and free BBQ Saturday night, but only if you pay a deposit. After the event, those who attended get a refund, those who didn't attend don't get a refund. Sounds good, no?!? (Members are those who have paid their yearly dues. If you haven't paid your dues you will be asked to pay for the BBQ dinner but not camping. But not matter what the circumstances, you have to pay the deposits.).
For this event, please make 2 (two) deposits per person, for a total of $20. One $10 deposit is for camping, one $10 deposit is for food.
• If you are camping in your own site (not a club-reserved site) but want to join us for BBQ, make 1 deposit per person.
• If you are camping at a club site but are a vegetarian and don't want BBQ, make 1 deposit per person.
• If you are camping with the club and eating BBQ, please make 2 deposits.
The PayPal URL is: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7ULHQ62QVVTQN
The first 10 people camping who pay the camping deposit will be confirmed and any others after that placed on the waiting list. If 11 or more people pay a deposit the club will try to reserve additional camping spots. (Camping spots are $25 per site per night.) If more spots cannot be reserved, those on the waitlist will receive a refund.
The number of people enjoying BBQ with us is unlimited, but you do have to pay a deposit.
• Remember, unless you have a yearly state park pass, you will also have to pay a day use fee for coming in the park, usually $5-$7 dollars.
• Some parks charge an "excess vehicle fee" of usually $3 per vehicle if we have more than 2 or 3 per campsite (and we often do).
• Does anybody remember when camping was cheap?! I do.