Texpats NYC Message Board › The Round-up Texas Barbeque

The Round-up Texas Barbeque

Marilyn M.
user 13604157
Ossining, NY
Post #: 1
Hey y'all - if anyone would be interested in coming up to Cold Spring, I found this great little smokehouse that absolutely features 100% TEXAS BBQ. The owners, Bill and Linda, are from Dallas and moved up here a few years ago. They have a couple of huge smokers for the meat, and a smaller one for the birds. The menu features smoked Texas brisket, ribs, fried catfish, chicken, coleslaw, mac & cheese, frito pie, and of course, green (jello) salad. here's the link: http://www.rounduptxb...­

I was thinking maybe a Labor Day end of summer BBQ. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll suggest it for a Meet-Up.

Thanks,
Marilyn
Tom
user 5935634
New Rochelle, NY
Post #: 2
Sounds like a great idea for a get-together and an opportunity for the city folk to get out to the country and enjoy the upcoming fall weather. Cold Spring is a great little town, and Metro-North lets you off at the end of the Main Street & the Hudson River - lots of antique shops and very walkable. If the BBQ is outside of town, I'm sure enough of us would drive (me included) to pick up at the train station.

Tom