addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

TEXTILE ARTS CENTER: Workshops and Classes Message Board › Materials for a cowl

Materials for a cowl

Sabine
sblair
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 3
Hi,

So I am currently getting ready to start attending sessions. I would like to make a cowl. I saw this video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.co...­

The instructor is using very large and round needs (19) however the cowls I've seen on youtube are very thick. The one I own is not.

Before I rush and by these, can I get a consultation from someone? I can link a picture of my cowl and if someone can advise on the right materials that would be great.

Chances are as a beginner I should be starting off with a straight scarf anyways. I've never knit/crotchet anything in my life and really want to learn.

Thanks,

Sabine
Kristin
user 6744105
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
It's not really harder to do a circle than a rectangle- and I think it's much more fun. Try this pattern.

http://www.ravelry.co...­

If you need a visual, you can search YouTube for a stitch tutorial. Or post a picture of the one you'd like to make and I'll help you find a similar pattern. I think ravelry.com is a good place to search for free patterns, or lionbrand.com.

Kristin
Sabine
sblair
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 4

Hey Kristin,

I'm looking into your link. Apparently it's a snood not a infinity scarf.

Thanks,

Sabine