Request #2: Petition - Agenda 21 in Northeast Ohio, Stop NEOSCC!We need ALL HANDS ON DECK!
This will be the BIG STAND that we make against NEOSCC and the regional plan
they are going to be submitting this fall, for implementation in 2014
! What you can do to help:
- Sign our petition if you have not done so already (for a printable version, please see instructions below)
- Make a donation (to mail in a check, please see instructions below)
- Watch for an announcement soon of the date/location of the forum and please attend! We need a show of force (numbers, not might)
We intend this forum to be our opportunity to directly confront the NEOSCC board members, many of our local officials, as well as board members from the 4 metropolitan planning organizations that cover the 12 counties targeted by NEOSCC: NOACA, AMATS, SCATS and Eastgate. 100% of donations
will fund the event which include the following approximated costs:
- Room - $600 (accommodates up to 600 people... we will be inviting a couple thousand of our local officials from the 12-county area as well as hundreds of patriots)
- Event insurance (required by the facility) - $200
- A/V Equipment Rental - $150
- Parking Fees - required and TBD by facility
- Printed materials - TBD based on budget allowance. These will be educational handouts at the event, printed storyboards, press releases, etc.
- Advertising - TBD based on budget allowance. The more people we can get the word out to, the more have the opportunity to hear our message against Regionalism.
If you have already made a donation
and/or signed the petition
, THANK YOU!
To date, we have received 951 signatures and $1,145. This covers the necessities but we still have advertising and supplemental material costs that are currently unfunded
. The bigger we can make this, the better the impact!There are two ways to sign the petition and/or donate:
Thanks again everyone! Together we can resist Regionalism in Northeast Ohio!
- Online: www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/stopneoscc
- Download and print petition here. Mailing and donation by check instructions are included at the bottom of the petition. If you have an issue with this link, you can access the petition via the Mentor 9-12 Project's meetup site at the top by scrolling over "More", then click on "Files". It should be the first file listed called "Petition - PDF". To submit printed petitions and/or donations via check, you can either turn them in to me at our next meeting or you can mail them to "Stop NEOSCC", PO Box 931, Chesterland, OH 44026. Checks can be made out to the Geauga County Tea Party, and in the memo please write Stop NEOSCC. There are extra signature lines included in case you would like to collect more, however it is not required. Individual signatures are OK!