This will be a very scenic ride starting in Murrietta then travelling to Julian for lunch. Then back to Temecula for a stop at the Maurice Car'rie Winery for an afternoon snack (baked Brie in a sourdough bowl....Yum). The actual starting point will be Murrietta but we are planning an additional meetup at the Shell Station at the south end of old town Temecula.
Ride Rating: Intermediate - It will be 100+ miles round trip and will require riders to be able hold to consistant speeds of 50-55 mph on mountain roads. Group riding & mountain road riding experience required.
• Meet at Denny’s at 9:00am / KSU @ 9:30am. (Arrive early if you plan to have breakfast).
• Ride to the Shell station on Old Town Front Street to pick up any members that are planning to meet us there. KSU no later than 10:15.
• Ride to Julian. Route Map: http://goo.gl/maps/JoLLk Note that this route involves twisties and in most areas, speed limits of between 45-55 mph. For safety reasons all scooters and their riders must be able to maintain these speeds due to the limited availability of turn outs to clear traffic.
• Arrive in Julian around noon time and grab some lunch (Lunch location TBD).
• Depart Julian around 1:30pm and head back towards Temecula where we will stop at Maurice Carrie Winery for a rest and for those that want a little something special…… they have baked brie in a sourdough bowl that is fantastic!
• Depart Maurice Carrie around 5:00pm and head back to the Shell Station where the ride officially ends.