The Alpharetta Toastmasters Meetup Group Message Board › International Speech & Tables Topics Speech Contests

International Speech & Tables Topics Speech Contests

A former member
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen from Alpharetta Toastmasters!

We have some very exciting news for you. On February 17, 2010, we will be hosting the Alpharetta Toastmasters Club International Speech and Table Topics Contest. Let me tell you a little about each contest and what it takes to participate.

International Speech Contest
The topic of this speech can be anything you want, but should be between 5 and 7 minutes long. In order to be eligible for participation, you must have completed at least 6 of the speeches in the CC manual.

Table Topics Speech Contest
This contest is no different than the Table Topics we conduct in our meetings, except that each contestant will be asked the same question. Other contestants will not be able to hear your speech and will have to wait in isolation until it is their turn. The only requirement for participation is that you be a member in good standing. If you've paid your dues, you can participate.

For the contests, we will be needing five (5) judges, two (2) vote counters and two (2) timers. If you're interested in participating in any way, simply reply to this email and let me know.

I hope everyone participates in some way and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks,
Natasha Cobb
VP of Education