Clojure is an exciting programming language for the JVM.
Whether you are a highly skilled functional programmer or just starting to learn the ropes and wanting to check out the waters, you are more than welcome to join us in:
- Teaching each other Clojure
- Presenting ongoing work and new technologies/libraries
- Hacking on our own Open Source projects (Dojo sessions)
- Looking for Clojure startup opportunities
- Drinking a couple of beers!
Warning: Once you have seen the true power of Lisp, you will never want to program in anything else.
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers