The Anchorage Dance Meetup Group Message Board The Anchorage Dance Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Where can one step into an intro to Argentinian Tango in Anchorage?

Where can one step into an intro to Argentinian Tango in Anchorage?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, I have always wanted to learn the Argentinian Tango. It would greatly add to my global view. However, I am not from a world where that kind of dancing is done. In fact, I have only seen it 3 times. My personal experience is such that my dancing mother, took me to a Chinese Kung Fu master who was a very traditional Confucian when I was 6 years old and said, "Here." Finding the right teacher, the right place, and the right partner is a Himalayan Sized Challenge for me, but I am game. I am very nibble footed and music is in my genes, but the spaces between the dancers, whom I am assuming can be just acquaintances, is a huge cultural challenge for me. Still, this dance is a perfect example of an expression of Western Culture. So, where can I get in the ring?
Doug S.
user 10576154
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 1
There is an active group in Anchorage that embraces Argentine Tango,

Facebook page is at:

https://www.facebook....­

There are lessons every Wednesday evening at Inner Dance Yoga studio, currently taught by Dustin Madden and Kaitie Cueva, that are appropriate for all levels, including complete beginners.